[DeTomaso] Valve Stem Seals

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 16:24:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/24/08 12:51:38 PM, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> Summit lists three different brands of "Perfect Circle" type positive stop,
> Teflon valve stem seals for the 11/32" Cleveland valve stem size.  Anyone
> have any opinions on which one(s) are superior to the others.

If they're ALL -teflon, they are likely Perfect Circle regardless of the
label on the box. Perfect Circle seals need the ends of the guides cut down with a
drill-powered cutter, too. Far east shlockmeisters have found ways to add
teflon o-rings to std synthtic rubber seals so they can claim they have 'teflon
seals', but they suffer the identical problem to std rubber. Hot oil extracts
plasticisers from synthetic rubber, which then gets hard, cracks and falls into
the pan to jam up Ford oil pumps and wreck distributor drive pins and
extension shafts. Your Ford engine will run a surprisingly long time with a broken
oil pump drive.... before you total the motor! I'd call the suppliers' Tech
Lines and ask a few questions which will likely not come from the internet. Good
luck- J Deryke