[DeTomaso] Tale of Two Caps

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 15:38:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/23/08 7:19:10 AM, MZadony at fleetresponse.com writes:

> Two tanks & two different caps.  One looks like a pressure radiator cap,
> but it's not pressurized, just a cap.  The other cap is a square pressurized
> cap with Italian writing on it.  WHICH CAP GOES WHERE ?  Little tank with
> radiator hose attached & Large tank (over flow ) .  Thanks again.  Myron.

Plain cap goes onto the big tank which is not pressurized. A large cork will
work as well. The pressure cap goes on the small swirl tank. Note that from
your description, what you have is likely a rare stock cap probably from a GT5,
GT5-S or...? So almost by definition, it is old, leaky and worn out. Wilkinson
or Pantera East may have new caps in 0.90 FIM size but as I mentioned
earlier, its simpler to fix the defect that requires this cap. Good luck- J Deryke