[DeTomaso] aldan eage shocks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 15:31:19 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/23/08 5:39:25 AM, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> A couple years back I was in on a group buy for aldan eagle coil overs.  I
> am finally putting my car together.  Anyone have any advice or information on
> how to set ride height?

Sure its tough- the weight of that corner of the car is bearing down on it.
You can try 3 methods;
1)- add a touch of grease between the washer and the adjusting nut to cut
friction.
2- add a needle thrust bearing in place of the washer (Speedway Motors sells
them)
3)- lean on the wrench!

Note that in #1 and 2 above, the setting will also change more easily when
you hit a bump, so really tighten up the jam nut or whatever Aldan uses nowadays
to lock the adjustment. Note that Speedway also sells spanner wrenches to fit
most coil-overs. Good luck- J Deryke