[DeTomaso] MANGUSTA INFORMATION, NEEDS, NEWS, ETC./Dick Ruzzin

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 14:28:23 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/21/08 9:06:09 AM, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

> We keep talking about this but nothing gets done. Sorry to be so blunt, but
> am I the  only one who thinks this is worth saving?

As I mentioned in yourJuly newsletter (in the mail now), don't worry! I often
described our founder as a man who never threw anything away that he could
sell, and son Santigo seems to have followed in his fathers footsteps in this
regard! During a recent visit to what left of the factory, two English owners
asked for info on a Pantera up for auction   at an estate sale in England.
Santiago went to a rack of files and in seconds had located the build sheet for the
car including paint codes, key codes and all other pertinate info. Word is,
all the spare parts some of us knew about have been sequestered from the
auction at a different site and the office furnishings are scheduled to be moved as
well. THey'll be needed- Santiago is planning to open a new business to be
called 'Historical DeTomaso Parts and Information' somewhere in Modena.
Factory-genuine spares will continue to be available1 More info as it happens in yotr
newsletter- J Deryke