[DeTomaso] Parts is Parts?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:33:51 EDT 2008

I'm getting ready to order some parts for my white Pantera.  It's a 1974
L model with low mileage (approx 18K) and still has the original bushings
and such.  It's time I got around to making sure the car is safe to take
on long trips.  Parts I'm interested in include:

 headliner
 door weatherstripping
 brake master cylinder
 ball joints and tie rods
 camber lock kit
 greasable shafts (rear uprights)
 coolant tube hose kit
 bushings
 emergency flasher switch
 bronze window gears
 car cover (suitable for use in windy areas)

Any suggestions on the above parts is much appreciated.  I used Marino's
offset polyurethane bushings on my red Pantera and liked the extra caster
they provide.  However, I also like the hex inner of PPC's bushings (so
the rotation is on the larger diameter surface) but I don't think the PPC
bushings are available offset for extra caster.  Anyone know for sure?
I plan on milling the balljoint for extra caster, as well.  I've already
got some parts from the previous owner:

 caliper rebuild kits
 stainless braided brake hoses
 Porterfield R4S pads