[DeTomaso] Rear Camber Bar

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 13:56:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/23/08 10 51 1, tbaranek at earthlink.net writes:

> Also posted @ PI
> I'm probably going to "bling" the rear camber bar. 1973 stock Pantera with
> 17" Pantera East Campy clones.
>
> Any warning about installation, brands, etc...
>
> I'm hoping for insight on how to load/unload the rear suspension so that I
> can place the new one in WITHOUT changing the alignment or adding stress
> during the installation or subsequent driving.
>
> Best price/Quality bar input is also desired.

Camber bar bling and performance are mutually exclusive.

The machined aluminum camber bars look pretty, but like the stock bar, they
rely on the weak sheetmetal interface to do their job; all the work is being
done by the bolts pressing against the flimsy edge of the sheetmetal tangs.
>From a performance perspective you're much better off with the square tube steel
bars, which jam into the pockets on either side and are merely retained by
the bolts.   As a bonus, they are also cheaper.   And when they are powdercoated
or chromed, they don't look half bad either.