[DeTomaso] Have you touched your valves lately?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Sun Jun 22 15:50:49 EDT 2008

Charles McCall skrev:
> Um, hadn't thought of that. Thanks :-(

I knew you would be glad :-)

> Is that a problem with Aussie heads? I thought they had a higher nickel
> content or something

My titanium valves sunk quite a bit into the seats of my aussie heads
before I noticed and had hard seats installed.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, unless you had to adjust
the lash substantially. It was quite a while since you had the valves
adjusted, and any wear on either the the seat or the valve head will
result in a decreased lash.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21