[DeTomaso] LPC-Torque Settings for AN Fittings

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 22 15:25:02 EDT 2008

Guys:

I'm at the stage of installing my fuel system plumbing, which is all aluminum AN hose fittings. The problem I've got is that while I have the torque settings for the various size AN hose fittings, I don't know how to apply the torque to these hose fittings. A socket won't work since these are on "made up" hoses.

Is it as simple as using a "crow foot" on the torque wrench? But if you use a crow foot, doesn't that throw the geometry of the torque wrench off?

For example, the AN8 fitting is recommended to be torqued at 29 ft lbs. The AN6 hose fittings are to be torqued at 16.25 ft lbs.

How do you do this?

I definitely do not want to over torque because that can distort the aluminum mating surfaces.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"