[DeTomaso] Brake  hoses

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 21 11:26:35 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/21/08 7 20 58, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> New Question.
>
> There was some discussion a while back about brake hoses, stainless
> braided versus plain rubber hose.  What are the pros and cons?  I'm
> looking to replace mine soon and can order them from Wilkinson, just
> wondering what is best.

I don't even think new rubber brake hoses are available anymore, which makes
the question rather moot.   But in any case, the only disadvantage to braided
stainless steel/teflon hoses are the increased cost.   Otherwise, they are
stronger, more durable, and don't balloon like rubber hoses, delivering better
pedal feel as a result.

Don't even think twice about the decision to switch to new hoses--just go for
it! :>)

Mike (Wilkinson is even open on Saturdays, so you can order them right away)
:>)