[DeTomaso] Brakes!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 13:35:38 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/20/08 10:18:15 AM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> I just got my Porterfield R4S pads for the Pantera.  A note on the invoice
> says the R4S pads are
> -not- for racing use.....

This is undoubtably a CYA note. Porterfield is located in California, home to
people who sue their grandmothers for not giving them a good childhood. The
R-4S pads were advertised as 'stock-car pads' when I bought them but in fact
they work well on the street- at least on our car. Having run tech inspections
for decades, I can tell you that no one ever looks at the brand of brake pads,
only their thickness. All 'non-racing' pads will do is maybe not last a whole
race.... but on a street car you really don't want race pads which typically
need several hard stops to heat up; not good on the freeway going out to the
track! Try 'em and see- I think you'll be pleased relative to OEM pads. Cheers-J
DeRyke