[DeTomaso] main water tubes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 13:17:36 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/19/08 2:19:26 PM, oldwheel at mts.net writes:

> I have the beautiful polished SS tubes from Marino at Pantera East and I'm
> using all the ones I
> can, but I can't bend or weld SS tube, so I wanted to use soft copper pipe
> for the custom tubes I need for the Trusty/Taphorn system.

Sure you can- stainless steel brazes beautifully and with the low pressures
in the cooling system, braze will hold essentially forever. When I modified our
cooling system 10 yrs back, I had to cut, shorten, braze elbows on and extend
several of the ss tubes, and it all took very little time. All that causes
trouble is, there seems to be a sort of clear-coat on my polished pipes so
roughing up the braze area beforehand with 600-grit sandpaper allowed braze to
stick. Good luck- J deRyke