[DeTomaso] Clutch Pressure plate rebuilding

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 16:41:07 EDT 2008

I've had the clutches and pressure plates rebuilt for several Mustangs (66 GT and 70 Mach 1)
by B&A Friction Materials (http://bafriction.com/home.html) in years past. I don't remember
if they were less expensive than buying new parts, but I could specify the materials used to
match my intended use. Furthermore, the rebuilt parts were built to higher quality standards
than mass produced Chinese made parts - all measurements, specs, torque settings,
alignments, etc were specific to my pieces and presumably to more precise
measurements/specs resulting in a higher quality part than it was originally. And, they
always fit perfectly and didn't require any additional modification, special bolts or
unneccessary trips to the auto parts store to make them work in my application.

Cheers!
Garth