[DeTomaso] valve covers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 16:03:57 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/19/08 10:36:13 AM, close_enough at losalamos.com writes:

>    For some reason, I still am not receiving thread posts, so I am
> sending this blind.
>
>>>Hmm.   If this is coming from a work address, it's possible that your LAN
Nazis are blocking incoming mail from the forum.   It's also possible that you
have your forum preferences toggled to *not* send you any mail; that does
still afford you the ability to post, as you did here.

Some investigation is in order?

> I seek a set of cast aluminum valve covers for my
> 351C.  Anyone have a set they wish to sell?  In case my address does
> not show in the post, if this actually posts, it is <
> close_enough at losalamos.com
>
>>>As has been mentioned before, there are numerous generic options
available, and "DeTomaso" valve covers are available here and there in both krinkle
black finish, and bare aluminum (which can be polished too).   They have been in
and out of production over the years; there are probably some floating around
at one vendor or another.

> >.  Mike Drew, Jack DeRyke and John Taphorn, are any of you guys
> going to the Monterey Historics this year?
>
>>>I've been every year since about 1990 I think; I don't plan to miss this
year either if I can help it!