[DeTomaso] Clutch Pressure plate rebuilding

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 12:11:17 EDT 2008

Chuck,

Good question.

I've never had one rebuilt.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 6/19/2008 7:55:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cengles at cox.net writes:

Dear Bill, Dennis and Forum,
Can someone explain rebuilding pressure plates and clutches to me? In my
ignorance, I seem to buy a new clutch & pressure plate whenever either one  of
them seems to give up the ghost. When I have inquired about simply  replacing
just the clutch or just the pressure plate, I have been told that it  wasn't a
good idea. It has always seemed rather more expensive and the  explanation has
always been unclear. Now, for the first time, I see that it is  possible to
rebuild these things. Is it cost effective? What is the good news  and bad news
with rebuilding?
Very curious, Chuck Engles