[DeTomaso] Modifying trim hardware and Radiator pipe end treatments

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:03:41 EDT 2008

Regarding modification of hardware: I've used a drill press as a lathe chuck for the reshaping of hardware and fittings. Variable speeds, with usually much higher speeds and a larger chuck capacity available than a hand drill. Almost made for the job.

Regarding cooling pipe end treatments: I went with the 14 ga copper wire wrapped and soldered to the pipe to form a bead. I filed and smoothed them afterward. I tried a twist off test with a lubricated hose on a segment of pipe without any sort of bead. When lubed with a liitle shot of silicone spray that just makes it so easy to slip the hoses on, even double clamped it was a cinch to twist it right off if there was no bead.