[DeTomaso] Radiator Filler/Expansion Tank ?

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Jun 18 13:43:00 EDT 2008

Hi Bill
I'm using the Mike Trusty/John Taphorn cooling system mod. so need some new
tubes too.
I wanted to use copper for the custom tubes between my engine and the long
straight SS tubes I have, but after searching for a year, I can not find
anyone to sell me less than a full roll of soft drawn 1 1/4" copper pipe. It
is about $1000 for a full roll of 66ft. Even the hard copper pipe is hard to
find in 1 1/4" size and the fittings aren't very common either. Did you find
a source for it there? Are you using hard or soft copper pipe?
Barry

 [DeTomaso] Radiator Filler/Expansion Tank ?
SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 11:18:00 CDT 2008

---

Garth,

I have heard those concerns also.

I don't think the main cooling tubes can radiate or conduct much  heat into
the interior.

I am going convert the heater tubes to copper also and reroute them  under
the car and straight up to the heater. In the engine compartment, I will
attach
the copper tubes to the back of firewall and use only two short  rubber
hoses
to connect tubes to the engine.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor