[DeTomaso] Radiator Filler/Expansion Tank ?

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 01:11:56 EDT 2008

J,

I know of no good way.

You always have water in the tubes since the radiator  drain does not drain
the tubes.

You can add drains in place of the pipe plugs in side of  the block. But this
still doesn't solve the water in the tubes problem.

I have made adapters to the petcock in the radiator and the ones I  added to
sides of the block so I could attach small hoses and drain into a 5 gal
plastic bucket. This keeps things somewhat neater, but doesn't solve the water  in
the tubes problem.

I am changing all my tubes over to copper and will add drains for  the tubes.
But for now, as far as I am aware, there is no good way ..... as  in keep the
floor dry and don't lose the coolant.

Let me know what you find.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor