[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 47, Issue 16-Dart cooling

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 14:07:11 EDT 2008

I can say that when I changed to the Dart Windsor
my cooling temps went way down... the only time
I had my fans on at the track in Vegas this year was
changing passengers for some fun runs in the hot pit lane
I control both with switches... never have them on when running
on the Highway, Silver State or Race track

I can also tune the car and idle for a long time without
fans.... but once running around and at temp if I come
into town I turn one fan on and if I go thru a bunch of lights
and traffic then I turn the second fan on.. it will bring the
temp down to 170 on a 95 plus day... a little cooler here in NorKali

My 331 Dart in my Mustang runs even cooler at 140.... I have
restricked the fan area with metal and only saw 185 temps when
the fan went thru the radatior a while back... I am going to use
twin elect suckers as on the Pantera to help get some heat in the
motor with me at the controls.... also going to a 180 stat as the 160
seems to be way too cold

Bob

Dawg coming to Sacto?... maybe we can get him to
do some roundy rounds at Thunderhill