[DeTomaso] MDs Radiator

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 12:55:45 EDT 2008

Mike,
  Russ Fulps (Russ Fulps Race Engines) monitors the List so perhaps he can answer your question on the bypass port assuming you haven't pissed him off ;-]>

  Dawg

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 6/15/08 22 30 57, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Thanks, Ken. I always wondered what the actual specs were.   FWIW, another
> thing that apparently works- at least on a few Panteras- is NO THERMOSTAT at
> all! Running a GT-5 with no thermostat in Arizona, the owner could not get
> the
> temp gauge to show more than 120 degrees in high summer, until he hit the
> open
> track at Pahrump a couple of years ago. Then it went to 140 degrees-
> finally.
> Coldest running 351-C I ever saw, with a stone-stock radiator.

Ah, but what about the water pump? Was it the kind that blocked off the
bypass port, or was the port blocked off with a plug? Running a stock-style
351C without a thermostat guarantees overheating because a substantial percentage
of the water circulates in the block and doesn't actually go forward to the
radiator....

Mike

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best
2008.
(http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)