[DeTomaso] Intersting observations on bushings and ball joints

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon Jun 16 11:25:45 EDT 2008

Mike,

	I agree that stock A-Arm bushing bolts should be tightened with the
suspension at or near the stock ride height.  But the bolts should be
tightened to at least 40 lb-ft.  The inner steel sleeve in the stock rubber
bushing was intentionally designed to be the longest portion of the bushing
and to be tightened against.  It, along with the bolt should never turn
during suspension movement or you'll end up wearing the suspension ears and
holes.

	The same holds true for polyurethane or delrin bushings that have (longer
than the bushing stack) inner steel sleeves.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505