[DeTomaso] Mangusta sighting

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 09:07:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/15/08 22 43 36, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> A friend of mine stopped at a car show in Yountsville, CA on his way to
> Calistoga this afternoon and spotted this green 67 Mangusta (so of course
> he snapped a pic with his cell phone and sent it to me). Looks like the
> Campy's have been polished.
>
> Does anyone know this car? Is the owner on the list? Just curious. Nice
> looking car!

Tom Galli knows who that guy is, I think.   There is a large underground
community of Mangusta owners in the San Francisco area who don't belong to any
clubs, or really do anything with their cars.   Since the Mangustas were all
imported to the USA through San Francisco, a higher-than-normal amount were sold
locally.

I saw that car driving up I-80 in Berkeley in about 1993, but I was blocked
by traffic and was unable to catch him before he turned off on the Richmond
Bridge (heading towards Napa).

Since the list software strips away any images, we have no idea what the car
looks like.   Can you post the photo somewhere?