[DeTomaso] MDs Radiator

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 09:04:38 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/15/08 22 30 57, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Thanks, Ken. I always wondered what the actual specs were.   FWIW, another
> thing that apparently works- at least on a few Panteras- is NO THERMOSTAT at
> all! Running a GT-5 with no thermostat in Arizona, the owner could not get
> the
> temp gauge to show more than 120 degrees in high summer, until he hit the
> open
> track at Pahrump a couple of years ago. Then it went to 140 degrees-
> finally.
> Coldest running 351-C I ever saw, with a stone-stock radiator.

Ah, but what about the water pump?   Was it the kind that blocked off the
bypass port, or was the port blocked off with a plug?   Running a stock-style
351C without a thermostat guarantees overheating because a substantial percentage
of the water circulates in the block and doesn't actually go forward to the
radiator....