[DeTomaso] D95004 engine cover struts

tom baranek tbaranek at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 15 14:48:39 EDT 2008

Okay...I'm done!  If you un-attach BOTH (original) struts you can "hyper extend" the back hatch to allow for easy installation of the new struts.

As for the elongated holes (in the Auto Zone brand), I cut about 3/4" long piece of 1/4" fuel line and stuffed/centered it through the elongated holes...as a kind of spacer/gasket.

This seemed to take up all the slack and allowed for some (silent) flexibility in the mounting.

Check's 4.0