[DeTomaso] Stacks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jun 15 13:48:29 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/15/08 4:26:24 AM, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get tall stacks for a Quella IR system? I've
> called Ipsco and he can custum make them for big $bucks. They are a footprint
> of 48 IDE's which are not common like the IDA's. I've searched around and
> can't find any. Also, alot of the stacks are sold without the 2 hole flange on
> the bottom. How do they get secured?

Some Weber carb stacks use two-bolt flanges while others use little thingys
that resemble thin steel valve cover hold-downs. With those, the flangeless
stacks have a tiny extruded ring that spigots into the carb throat   and the
thingys rock against the stacks and pinch the rings to hold. Works fine. Try
Inglese for stacks'    Porsche swap meets etc often have them for sale but be aware
there are 3 different types: one is plain steel with 2-bolt flanges, one is
nickel-plated with either 2 bolt flanges or the pinch-holders, and a 3rd type
are all bakelite-plastic with flanges. They also come in varying diameters. The
nickel plated ones are (or were) $25 each & you need 8....
Frankly, after seeing Steve Liebenow's air cleaner element, I would never run
without an air cleaner, so be sure the stacks you get fit under some sort of
air cleaner. This of course makes the showy stacks invisible, but the nickel
plated ones are still popular. Good luck- J DeRyke