[DeTomaso] Fuel Sender Wiring Question

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:54:09 EDT 2008

There is a ground tab for the black wire (Ground) on the stock unit.

The
new unit does not have a ground tab, so you have to put a ring terminal
on the stock black wire and ground it on one of the bolts that holds the unit on the top of
the gas tank.

Steve later told me to do the above when I called.
Also it does not matter which way the other two wires (white and yellow) go unless you
want your gauge to read the right way.  If they are reversed the tank
reads empty when full. I just wanted to make sure if they were reversed if could not ignite the tank or something.  I figured Detomaso would not make it where it could do that but no harm in double checking.
Thanks
Clay