[DeTomaso] Fuel Sender Wiring Question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 18:25:13 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/12/08 15 22 5, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> ith only two wires on it, Wilkinson's sender likely doesn't have the
> connection for the low fuel light in your dash gauge which is fed by the
> yellow wire.  It really doesn't matter but I'd connect your car's black wire
> to Wilkinson's black and your car's white wire to the sender's blue.  Leave
> the yellow wire unconnected

I seriously doubt that.

The early cars had a sender with provisions for only two wires; one was for
fuel level and the other for the idiot light.   A small separate tab was
affixed under one of the sender mounting bolts for the ground.

I would presume this to be the case for the new sender too, although the easy
thing to do is just ask Wilkinson???