[DeTomaso] Detomaso radar detector survey

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Thu Jun 12 13:53:00 EDT 2008

I have a Valentine because I don't pay attention.  Its not that I
intentionally speed ANYWHERE I can be seen, because I don't.  If you
are driving and anyone can see you - then I believe there is a VERY
good chance someone will cause me harm.  ("I didn't see you.")

Two things at the top of my "don't do this today list" are the following:

Don't let someone else wreck my car.
Don't hurt anyone while exercising my rights.

Further, I maintain the radar detector is a safety item.  Witness:
everyday coming to work I drive into the rising sun;  The sun is right
at the horizon;  when the pack of cars crests the hill/makes the turn
into the sun, two things are likely to happen:  a stopped school bus
or a parked "traffic nazi".  And what happens???
"there'sacopi'dbetterputonmybrakes" and the chain reaction starts.
When I know there is a traffic nazi sitting there I just back off the
throttle and check my mirrors - if need be I pop on my hazards so the
following 4xdually welder-cowboy-oil trash behind me doesn't mess my
pony tail.  But at least I'm not in the middle of the blind pack (all
braking hard).

Yesterday I came down Hesperus Hill (famous uphill "dyno" run) and got
a beep on the Valentine - I slowed rounding a blind corner to find: 1
CHP, 1 fire truck, 2 EMT trucks and a bike rally sag wagon STOPPED in
my lane.

Radar detectors, fire-arms, axes, hormonally challenged females and
howiters - used properly are great fun.  Used without caution ?  VERY
dangerous.

Oh, crap another rant.

David in Durango, off to get a rebel flag tattooed on one cheek and
the jolly rodger on the other

Quoting Pastafazo at aol.com: