[DeTomaso] NPC: Travel to Scotland

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 02:41:45 EDT 2008

The only possible exception is if his cell phone charger is designed for
110/220 operation. If so, like my laptop charger, then he's in luck and only
needs a $1 adapter, to convert the flat prongs into a triangular pattern for
Scotland. If you can't tell, or if the charger doesn't explicitly say
110/220 volt (mine actually says "wide range input 110-240v" then I'd buy
one in Europe. It'll be relatively cheap, or at least cheaper than a good
quality transformer.

I have a good transformer for my US stereo, which I didn't want to replace,
and the transformer weighs about 17 tons and was rather expensive. Cheaper
Chinese transformers burned out in short time, and a VCR was sacrificed to
the Smoke Gods due to a $30 Radio Shack transformer.

Another option if he'll be renting a car - buy a car 12v charger...

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness across Europe"
http://members.aol.com/PanteraGT5S1985/