[DeTomaso] FW: Dynamat! and Stethosocpes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 21:53:49 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/9/08 7:10:48 PM, shawkins777 at comcast.net writes:

> Jack DeRyke's reply cautioning about my plan to fill a short section of the
> structural tube that goes over the door and back into the roof section over
> the engine bay. In that section I don't believe that
> there is any problem with potential rust especially if the stethoscope holes
> are covered. I agree with him that it would be a mistake to put foam in the
> rocker panels.

Since then, I've received a communication from Kirk Evans on a serious rust
issue in Pantera roofs, some to the point of needing total skin replacement.
Seems there's a long narrow piece of factory foam parallel with the rear
window's upper channel, and Kirk's found rust that eventually worm-holes its way
clear thru the roof! I've personally only ever seen one maltreated Pantera in
Nor-Cal like this and we didn't know what the cause was, but my take now is to
NEVER put anything in a steel Pantera that seals to any part of its skin-
anywhere, ever. If the extra noise bothers you, earplugs are cheap. FWIW- J DeRyke