[DeTomaso] NPC: Travel to Scotland

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 19:55:31 EDT 2008

Or you could just charge it in a car....

For other items that don't have a cigar lighter socket power plug,

I travelled with a converter that plugs into the same car power socket.

It can handle up to 400 watts (more than the car might handle)
and worked well on a laptop.  Cost was less than $35 at CostCo.

This way I don't have to get a new cord for ever device, or risk
using their wall standard.

BTW Although the US may have been the first (or early) adopter of
electricity, EVERYONE else got it one better, by avoiding 60 Hz, which is
the human heart beat controller frequency.  Doop!

Chuck

In a message dated 6/11/08 16 24 38, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Right.   Europeans use a 220v system, which will quickly smoke a US cell
> phone charger.   He'll simply have to buy a charger for his phone once he
> gets
> there.

P.S.   Although you can buy a 220-to-110 converter, my painful experience
has
been that although they work fine for very crude devices (like hair dryers),

sophisticated electronic devices don't tolorate them well at all.   Having
let
the smoke out of more than one Ni-Cad battery charger, even using a
converter, I've since learned to just suck it up and use host-nation
chargers for that
sort of thing.

Mike

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best
2008.
      (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)