[DeTomaso] NPC: Travel to Scotland

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 19:28:54 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/11/08 16 24 38, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Right.   Europeans use a 220v system, which will quickly smoke a US cell
> phone charger.   He'll simply have to buy a charger for his phone once he
> gets
> there.

P.S.   Although you can buy a 220-to-110 converter, my painful experience has
been that although they work fine for very crude devices (like hair dryers),
sophisticated electronic devices don't tolorate them well at all.   Having let
the smoke out of more than one Ni-Cad battery charger, even using a
converter, I've since learned to just suck it up and use host-nation chargers for that
sort of thing.