[DeTomaso] DeTomaso up for sale

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Wed Jun 11 14:49:34 EDT 2008

This is the best idea I've seen for ages...
There will obviously be 2 different sales: one for the "image" , i.e. names, logos, ... and all the intellectual rights, and the other one,  for the real estate and material aspects ( plant, land, material, spares, and tools if any ... )
Whoever the buyer, probably no one will pay any ( serious )  attention  to the archives. ( may be some archivists will... ) Just figure out Ford would buy... what do they care about your favourite VIN so and so. It will be worth one dollar, at the max. Let's offer two USD... What would the VW group ( a.o. Audi, who already owns Bugatti, Bentley, Lamborghini, ... , BMW ( who was the Guara engine supplier) , Peugeot,  or Ferrari pay for that ? Peanuts.
How about making a separate offer to the liquidators ? If we pay 100 USD each for the history, ( and Claudia Lodi as the archivist in chief ) , how much have we got ? ( You in the USA, are the inventors of collective actions, a.o. against cigarette manufacturers, pharmaceutical products, cars manufacturers, ( hum hum... )
So, let's start the subscription.
I gladly put the first 100 USD down right now..; and I'm sure some other European friends will follow me.
Pat