[DeTomaso] DeTomaso up for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 13:28:16 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/11/08 10 17 58, apollo73 at yahoo.com writes:

> It might have value as property in general then, but I don't see the
> DeTomaso facilities as any sort of real factory.  Why
> else was the Pantera manufactured at Vignale?
>
>>>De Tomaso didn't even own this facility back in the day.   The original
Modena faciity was on the other side of town, at Via Jacapo Peri, 48, 41100,
Modena.

> And I seriously doubt the grounds has any modern machinery or tooling of
> any kind.
>
>>>True.   It is simply a collection of industrial buildings, comprised of
two large warehouse structures and an office block.   It's a perfect site for a
small manufacturer, of whatever you can think of.

> It may not be a big name, but it is a historic name.  Buying old marque
> names and reviving is in fashion right now
> (Spyker, Maybach, Buggati, etc.).
>
>>>Buying *respected* old marque names and reviving them is in fashion right
now.   Each of those you mention were universally known and respected (at
least in Europe) for the supreme quality of their products.   As much as I'd like
to say the same about De Tomaso, the simple fact is that it's not true of that
marque.