[DeTomaso] Connecting to the Coolant Underbody Tubes

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 14:55:30 EDT 2008

Chris,

      Several people have plumbed the heater from the nose using an electric pump.  That might be a lot easier and take some clutter away from the front of your motor.  I think John Taphorn may have done this as part of his mods.

  Ken

Chris Difani <cdifani at pacbell.net> wrote:
  Guys:

Need some help here.

I'm at the point where I need to connect my engine and heater coolant lines. The sticking point is that I'm using AN fittings and hose for everything. My coolant lines are AN16, and my heater lines are AN12. My current issue is figuring out some way to create a threaded fitting on all the lines. I realize that I could create some kind of adapter, and then use a short length of radiator hose to connect it, but I'd much prefer a "solid" connection.

So, my question; does anyone use any kind of threaded fitting on the engine bay end of the coolant tubes, or heater hose tubes ? And if so, what and how did you do it?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"