[DeTomaso] Pantera on SuperCarsExposed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 13:48:09 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/10/08 10 44 32, seanmundy at hotmail.com writes:

> It's too bad they didn't have more coverage of this event.   I was totally
> amazed that Kevin kept up and even looked like he made time on the Viper at
> the end of the straight.  Probably both of them were spinning tires in 4
> gear.  Be interesting to know why they were filming it at night and why
> there was so much dust.  Those two factors made it seem way too dangerous.
> I think one of the Vipers spun out and looked like he could have really got
> messed up or hit something.  I wonder if Kevin got to keep the in car
> footage they shot from his Pantera.  Wish I coulda been there !!

I'm amazed that they had permission to run so close to the helicopters.   As
many of the drivers appeared to be stereotypical exotic car buffoons (people
with enormous amounts of money who buy super-fast cars and haven't a clue how
to drive *anything*, much less a 200 mph supercar), the potential for carnage
seemed huge to me.

Can you imagine phoning up Haggarty and telling them that you crashed into a
$20 million attack helicopter and totalled it?   THAT would be an interesting
insurance claim!!!