[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder and Shackle

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 01:40:20 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/9/08 15 50 55, artstephens at charter.net writes:

>      Using a hole saw to make an access hole in the passenger side of the
> pedal box,  makes clutch master linkage work much easier.  I made mine
> either 2 or 2.25 inches,  if I was to do it again,  I would make it 2.5"

All you have to do is get up under the dash and fiddle around a bit.
There's no need to go chopping noise-inducing holes into the car.

That reminds me of hearing about a guy who needed to pull his gas tank and
was too lazy to pull the engine and gearbox, so instead he just chopped a big
bloody hole in the firewall and pulled it out into the cabin.   He never
bothered replacing the sheetmetal, and the subsequent owner couldn't figure out why
his new Pantera was so hot and so loud inside!

Same mentality at work...:<(