[DeTomaso] Pantera on SuperCarsExposed

Michael J Becker mikebecker at cox.net
Mon Jun 9 23:31:16 EDT 2008

That was Kevin Ryniker from San Diego.  He said it was a fun time, but it
was a bummer they did the racing at night.  Darkness and dust proved a major
visibility issue.  He beat out quite a few cars in order to make the final 6
or 8 cars that you saw on the show.  They actually showed the Pantera quite
a bit, including in-car video as he went through the cones.  The other cars
were supposed to be "street legal" and driven to the event.  Many cars were
trailered in and had no plates.  The Porsche that won, had an unknown
powerplant as the driver refused to reveal it.