[DeTomaso] Clutch Master Cylinder and Shackle

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Mon Jun 9 17:18:08 EDT 2008

 2. What is the thread size of the shackle (would be the same as the
    stud on the back of the original clutch master)?  I can thread a
    7x100 metric bolt several turns but the threads in the shackle
    appear more coarse.  Perhaps the previous owner ran an SAE tap
    through the shackle?

>>> Dan,
I found an original master with the stud and shackle in my garage.The
shackle and stud was rusted together,but a portion of the stud was
protruding the shackle enough to take a measure.It seems like the thread is
regular metric 8 millimeter(M8)

Does anything keep the stud from rotating on the clutch master (maybe just
friction from the piston)?

Dan Jones

>>>It looks like a nut is used to jam the stud to the shackle and thereby
preventing the stud from rotating and untreading.Hope this can help :)

Øyvind Bakken