[DeTomaso] Rear upright rebuilds

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Jun 9 14:00:42 EDT 2008

Dear Asa,

You wrote:
>As I am pretty isolated in podunk Eastern Washington, if I need to get
>the rear uprights apart, I'm thinking of simply sending them to a
>Pantera vendor and having the full meal deal applied. New bearings,
>axles if necessary, shafts, etc.

%%%%%% Years ago, I had this done. One set of rear uprights went to Marino Perna at Pantera East. The other set went to Pantera Performance Center. Over 10-12 years ago, the prices were about the same. Both shops did the tapered roller bearing conversion. Pantera East applied nickel plating to the uprights. PPC applied black powder paint. The prices, IIRC, were comparable. I have had no issues nor problems with either set. They both converted the lower arm bolt (?) to a greaseable unit.

I live in pretty isolated podunk central Oklahoma, Chuck Engles