[DeTomaso] Ignition truble

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 08:04:56 EDT 2008

Not to make it too simple, I had the same problem. I changed wires plugs and timing, Finally I found the ball missing from under the center of the distributor cap, I replaced it and it still cut up and skipped bad, I replaced the plugs again and GAPPED them at .050   It has run perfect ever since. The MSD requires the .050 inch gap.. and also a full 12-13 volts..low voltage will also cause poor performance.....Bill 1362