[DeTomaso] Ignition truble

Jørn C. Olsen joernco at online.no
Sun Jun 8 16:02:12 EDT 2008

Hi!
On my first drive this summer with my Pantera it started to misfire and lost power.  Tried to change the spark plugs and the cables but same result.  On friday we checked the ignition timing and it showed 0 degrees.  I don`t understand that because the distributor was not loose and we timed it to 30 degrees when we had it in the dyno last year.  We timed it back to 30 degrees and it became better but I can feel it is something wrong when I drive it.  It has not full power and has a small klicking sound in the left exhaust.
I run it with an MSD Billett distributor and a MSD 6AL ignition box.
Can it be the distributor pin who is giving up slowly?
Anybody??

J.C