[DeTomaso] ebay car in Canada

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 18:23:27 EDT 2008

I'll contact the guy.  The VIN is "all screwed up".

Wrong:  TPHNCS01XXX
Better: THPNLS01XXX

LS = 7/71 = 1788 thru 206X  (About 275 cars that month)

I'm not saying this specific example is suspicious, but sometimes a VIN gets
listed wrong so when one checks it using CARFAX or some other source, no
"bad" data is returned.

VIN check services should be true positives, meaning the VIN is valid
(first), matches a car with these features (second), and this is the car's
personal history.

VINs often tell one a LOT about a car...
(Even my '67 Firebird VIN indicates fine details: the side mirror is a
"deluxe" version, ie. cable controlled.)

Chuck

There is an interesting red Pantera for sale on ebay in Quebec. It is listed
as having a VIN  TPHNCS01XXX which would make it a 1971 pre-L for sure. It
has the dash, seats and vents to go with that year, BUT it has the body and
bumpers of an L model. Listed as a "nice clean no story Pantera". Item
number: 260246947355