[DeTomaso] Radar Detector Survey

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:22:59 EDT 2008

I own a Beltronics RX65 PRO, had it about 2 years. I picked it after reading a number of reviews and it came down to a choice between it and the Valentine. I seem to recall band coverage was better with the Beltronic unit. It picks up POP, X, Ka, Ku and K (instant on) bands but the latter is somewhat useless as the cop likely has a reading before you can react. BTW the alleged way to beat an instant on is to rapidly slow down (assuming safe to do so!) to about 20 mph below the speed limit and this will trigger a false reading on the cops radar gun.

The Beltronics has served me well, although it doesn't have the directional arrows of the Valentine. It did have an issue about 6 months into ownership where it continually flashed 'service required', sent it back to the vendor and got a replacement and that has been perfect since.

For best coverage mount whatever you buy high in the Pantera (mirror height).

Julian