[DeTomaso] Radar Detector Survey

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Jun 5 00:37:49 EDT 2008

That reminds me of the time I was headed back from the coast, in
somethin' like a reverse Mad Dawg run for beer. . . and coming up past
Ritzville (you know, where they make the crackers), my Passport chirped
a couple of times as a Soccer Mom passed me going way over the speed
limit.  I noticed -her- radar detector, mounted on the window in an ever
so obvious location, was staying very silent as she continued to speed
away.  Understand it's mighty flat in that part of the country.

It was almost 10 miles before I came across the State Patrol sting
operation.  I had become understandably very nervous for quite a few
minutes; I'd never had a false positive on the detector I could not
identify.  Just about the time I thought seriously of speeding up, all
the red and blue lights became visible just over a small rise and around
a corner.

After that, I always believe in my little Passport detector.

Asa Jay
(though I've not really used it now in some 10 years)

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1973 Pantera L 5533