[DeTomaso] Lotus Anyone?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:29:00 EDT 2008

Well said Dick, I grew up in the UK with Lotus' (Lotii??) in an area where chomping down a country lane with 6 foot hedgerows either side and a line of grass through the center was the 'norm'. You had to just hope one of your buddies wasn't doing the same coming the other way or you didn't meet a farm tractor. We used to stay off the road early morning and just before dusk as the chance of encounter with a herd of cows heading for milking increased dramatically. In fact most of our courageous driving was at night as you could at least see headlights coming from a distance above the hedgerows.

Although I have a fondness for Lotus, I beg to differ on your last comment "In the right place, its home country, nothing will match a Lotus for speed, cornering ability and fun" as the Noble M400 is a British Sports car of far greater speed, agility and fun than the Lotus Elise (and most other Supercars for that matter) and is pretty popular back in the UK.

Julian