[DeTomaso] Online machine shop service-NPC

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 14:31:04 EDT 2008

You can use emachineshop to design the brackets, and then submit it for
pricing.  It's pretty easy to use.

I think you'd be better off finding a metal-fab shop locally, though.  I
designed a simple plate to mount my Wilwood pedals.  It was to replace the
plate between the vacuum booster and the pedals on the Pantera.  The cost
for the machined plate on emachineshop was around $220.  I ended up making
one out of steel for about $25.  If I took the steel plate to a fab shop,
they could probably duplicate it in aluminum, with plating, for $75 or so.

Now if you're looking to make something trick, emachineshop may be the way
to go.  If you're looking for something functional and reasonably priced,
the local shop is the way to go.

Will.