[DeTomaso] Lotus Anyone?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 14:08:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/3/08 11 05 23, artstephens at charter.net writes:

>      Is it the seat that makes the car uncomfortable,  or is it that you
> are
> riding around in a sardine can?

It's all down to expectations.   Anybody who drives around in a modern car
like a BMW is spoiled by it.   The Lotus provides all the comforts you could
expect from such a raw car, but it will never approach a 5-series BMW.   If
that's the standard you set (and that is Gray's reguar ride), then of course the
Lotus would fall short.

I would recommend a different take--compare it to a motorcycle.   If you
consider a motorcycle as your standard mode of transportation (as I did for many
years, and hope to do so again later this year), then the Lotus is a giant leap
up in creature comforts.   It doesn't fall over nearly as easily, for
starters. :>)