[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 47, Issue 2- Gearing and Weight savings

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 17:41:56 EDT 2008

You Fatty Bob. My invisable-to-radar Larry Stock decklid has no measurable weight.
  See you in September slacker.

  Mad Dawg

RCBSONS1 at aol.com wrote:
  David,
My car just has the taller 5th gear like many
I think I stated before that in several years
of running at Vegas I originally had shorter tires
by about 1" and could really tell when running down
the back straight with the big boys... I have since
switched to the taller tires for Silver State and appearance
reasons and the car has a little less snap (you can tell
with almost 600 ponies) but the handling is better.

As far as weight savings my car when corner weighed
was at 3040 without driver... that is wet, with the cage,
iron Dart block (which I think weighs more than the Cleveland,
alum heads, alum manifold, 180s, no AC, alum radiator

I also think the brake rotors weight a lot as they are the
so called Martinsville Winston cup package... never have
had to replace pads with over a dozen track days on them
and have never had brake fade so they work real well

Jack is in the low 2800's or high 2700 range with running Ac
I know the brake package is a bunch of savings

Like many have stated I (the driver) could lose 40 lbs and that
would help a bunch...

Bob Benson

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.