[DeTomaso] Tires

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Mon Jun 2 10:37:31 EDT 2008

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] På
vegne av MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sendt: 2. juni 2008 06:25
Til: guson at home.se; detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] Tires

In a message dated 6/1/08 14 25 37, guson at home.se writes:

> I thought the Mangusta came with the same tires as the early Panteras,
> 185/70 front and 225/70 rear. Wouldn't the 275/60 be kinda tall?

The Mangusta prototype came with *huge* Dunlop tires, probably 80 series
although they didn't carry that nomenclature.   I think the road Mangustas
came
with 235/70 tires although I'm not sure about it, and those are pretty tall
too.
  The 275/60 looks 'just right'.

Mike

>>> Earlier than the beginning of the 90`s ,a tire withought any
profilemarking,had a "normalprofile of 82%.So a 275 x15 tire had a
profilhight of 82% of the width(275).Later the "normalprofile" went over to
80%,and they started to mark all the tires including 80
profiles(normal),with their profile.I found written in the book"De tomaso
automobiles"that the Mangusta came with Dunlop 185HRx15 front,and 225HRx15
rear.If thats right it had a rear tire diameter of about 30 inches!Lots of
sidewalls :)

Cheers

Øyvind