[DeTomaso] 335/35/17 versus 315/35/17 rear tires

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:30:30 EDT 2008

> I used Goodyear 315/35/17 dot race tire (looks like a Hoosier) and liked them
> better then the wider 335 wider competition. Handling and turn in through
> turns was an improvement over wider Michelin and  P-Zero rubber. I also liked
> that you could power slide more predictably with the narrower rubber.

You're comparing race tires to street tires from different manufacturers
in different sizes.  You're conclusion that it's due to tire size may not
be valid.  First rule in testing is to vary one parameter at a time.
That said, no one disliked going from a 335/35/17 to a 315/35/17 except
for the fact that cruise RPM went up a little.

Dan Jones